October 12, 2020
- Material Library: Your site’s Material Library now handles and shows materials with specific blank characters in certain values more elegantly.
- Material Library: During markups, some user roles could not use existing materials if those materials had a missing density or product code. Some user roles could also not create a new pile while leaving the default (blank) values for material name, product code and density. The issues listed above have been fixed.
September 28, 2020
- User Access Lists: We want to help take the guesswork out of managing your teams. With that goal in mind, we are introducing a new feature that will show you a list of all the team members who have access to a particular site. You can see their names, email addresses, and Firmatek Cloud user role in the bottom left section of any Site Details page.
- Improved Tabular Display in Deliverable History: Firmatek Cloud’s Deliverable History shows an increasing number of data comparison tables. We have enhanced those tables so they all display in the same fashion everywhere, regardless of the data comparison being showed. They will load faster and will display more clearly across screen resolutions and browsers.
September 15, 2020
- UI Enhancements
- Stockpile Volume Reports & Deliverable History: Mass and Volume are now rounded to the nearest whole number. The exported CSVs will always show the full value. Densities will be displayed up to 4 decimal values.
- Stockpile Reports Display: We’ve updated copy and visual elements to make Stockpile Volume Reports clearer and more organized.
- We upgraded our backend to improve the PDF Generation functionality.
- PDF Generation
- Print PDF Option 2 was not functioning properly. PDF generation was only printing Option 1, the summary version. Both options now work properly.
- Summary images were cropping and not displaying the full image. Previously, if you had piles distanced far apart from each other, the summary image in both PDF options would cut off piles that existed near the edge of the Orthophoto outline.
- Drone Photo Uploads
- There was a possibility you could create a new scan with drone photos and not choose the Orthophoto deliverable. This error has been solved.
- Uploaded Data Table CSV Files
- Uploaded Data Table CSV files displayed additional, unrelated spaces. These were incorrectly showing up in the “Existing Files” section for the associated stockpile volume report.
- Deliverable History
- The deliverable history was showing three pieces of data incorrectly in the UI display. While the data was stored correctly, in the UI mass value change was not shown in the log related to volume or density change. Inventory values (INV) were shows as “N” even if there was no old “INV” value for a new pile. Scan creation date was showing in several places instead of just in the actual scan date.
- Material Library
- Materials that did not have any associated deliverable were missing the “delete” icon option.
- Active in-use materials were missing the “Date of Most Recent Deliverable” date.
- The bottom of all deliverables had an empty white space that took up space, distracting from useful data. IU was also showing information in bold in some areas.
August 31, 2020
- New User Roles: To help your team grow with the ever changing industry, we have revamped our current 2-user role system to a new 7-user role system! You now have the choice of assigning different kinds of roles and associated permissions to different team members. Want someone to only upload drone photos? We have a role for that. Want only some folks to conduct markups? That’s possible now. Check out the new user roles in your Admin Settings area. Firmatek Cloud now offers one of the most customizable user roles and permission settings in the industry.
- Retroactive Material Changes: Data Accuracy is our top priority. Firmatek Cloud allows you to make material and product changes and apply those updates retroactively with full accuracy to previous historical deliverables. We keep a full record of retroactive changes, including who changed what and where the change occurred to ensure any kind of audit is simple and accurate.
- Totals for Stockpile Volume Report Data Tables: Ever wonder what all the piles and inventory in your Stockpile Volume Reports amount to? Firmatek Cloud shows you the totals for Total Volume and Total Mass for all the piles in your Stockpile Volume Report in the main table. The data is also included in Data Table CSV exports.
- Product Code Subtotals: Our customers tell us regularly that it is difficult to manage product codes in different systems and workflows, especially when the same product code applies to multiple piles and is repeatedly used. Firmatek Cloud now includes a new Product Code Subtotals section where you can see a combined total mass for each specific product code in a stockpile volume report. All the data is automatically calculated and updated any time there are changes in the Stockpile Volume Report data. We’ll show you a list of all piles associated with each product code, including piles that aren’t associated with a specific product code. You can export this data in a new Product Code Subtotal CSV export.
- Custom Booked Amounts (Tons): While your workflow is unique to your company, one thing that is almost universal across inventory related companies is keeping a shared paper or excel file of what the company thinks the Custom Booked Amount Mass should be for individual product codes. Our new Firmatek Cloud feature will help reduce the chance of errors, audit issues, and back and forth time between updates. Firmatek Cloud offers the ability to have a Custom Booked Amount (in tons) in the Product Code Subtotals section where you can enter and save any Custom Booked Amount. We will show you the variance (%) of your Custom Booked Amount value for each product code subtotal when compared to what the total mass (in tons) is in Firmatek Cloud’s product code subtotals data. This helps ensure that everything is accurate. Everyone on your team can see this custom booked value in any Stockpile Volume Report or you can designate specific viewing or editing permissions via the new user roles.
- New Data Export for Product Code Subtotals: We have a brand new data set available for exporting. This will include product code subtotals, subtotals for any piles that don’t have product codes, any custom booked amount value, and any variance based on custom booked amount values.
- Deliverable History: The Deliverable History function now tracks retroactive material changes, including who changed what, which deliverables were affected, easy to access links to those deliverables, and the comparison of both the old material values and the new material values. Custom Booked Amounts (variance difference and variance %) changes are also recorded. Product Code Subtotal exports include this information. This function will track all Product Code Subtotal CSV exports and also saves that exact export. You can download the exact CSV file someone else may have generated for a Product Code Subtotal CSV export.
- Stockpile Volume Reports Data Table CSV Export: We believe that managing your data with ease is of utmost importance. To assist in making your data management process simpler, Data Table CSV exports will now include totals and the unit of measure (tons/yd3). An example template is provided for your reference in every stockpile volume report so you know what it will look like and what to use if you wish to upload a Data Table CSV during markups.
- Drone Photo Upload: The new button indicators let you know when you can proceed to the next step in the drone photo upload process. These backend enhancements allow for faster drone photo uploads.
- Enhanced Success and Error Alers: Encountering an error is never fun. To help navigate when an error does occur, we’ve introduced informational messages if you run into any issues and have improved the current error message notification system. All alerts will stay on your screen for a longer duration so you have time to comprehend all of the information.
- Drone Photo Uploader: We have fixed a bug that was not allowing you to proceed to the next step if you uploaded photos in batches instead of selecting them all at once.
- UI/UX Enhancements: We have fixed UI and UX related bugs that would cause certain tables, data, or page elements to display incorrectly, resulting in a need to refresh the browser.
August 17, 2020
- Deliverable History: it’s finally here! Firmatek Cloud now allows you to track updates and changes for all of your deliverables. We display a full deliverable history to help your teams know why or when something changes. With this update, you will be able to view who uploaded drone photos, who conducted the markup, who edited pile materials, and see which file was uploaded or deleted, to name a few. This new critical feature is now available to all Firmatek Cloud customers at no additional charge.
July 29, 2020
- Deliverable Level Remarks in PDFs: For those of you who live and breathe in PDFs, it’s a very good day. All Firmatek Cloud PDFs created via our PDF Creator now include Deliverable Level Remarks right on the first page. This has been a highly requested feature. Deliverable Level Remarks are important remarks, left by Firmatek Staff, sharing any relevant important and critical info about a specific deliverable and the associated scan. When you create either the PDF summary or the detailed PDF via our PDF Creator, Deliverable Level Remarks will now be included in it.
- PDF file names: All newly generated PDF file names have been modified to make them shorter and to understand exactly what is inside of them by simply looking at the file name.
- Data Table CSV Upload refresh: When performing a Markup, after you uploaded a Data Table CSV, you had to manually refresh the Stockpile Volume Report deliverable page to see the results of your upload. With this update, you do not have to manually refresh anymore. The Stockpile Volume Report will show you the updated results automatically.
- Data Table CSV Upload error alerts: When you upload a Data Table CSV, you could easily see when your upload was successful with the success alert. Now, if your Data Table CSV upload fails for any reason, we will show you an error alert along with what we think could be wrong with the CSV file you are uploading. If you cannot figure out why your upload may be failing, or if the specific error message shown to you is not narrowing down the exact error, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Data Table CSV file you are having issues with, and we will work with you to fix any issues.
- Minor UI enhancement: We have minimized the number of fonts being used in most of Firmatek Cloud to a single one. Yes, if you’re noticing something different starting today but can’t pinpoint why things are a bit more clear and more elegant: it’s because of the font.
- Markup info in Markup Completed email notifications: The “Markup Has Been Submitted” email would show the contact info of the person who created the deliverable, instead of the contact info of the person who actually completed and submitted the markup. This has been fixed.
July 13, 2020
- Site Edit section enhancement: the Site Edit feature has been enhanced to give you a clear idea of what you can edit for your sites. The new simplified Site Edit form maintains the same detailed info as before, while helping you save time with a new design that is simple and clear to understand quickly. You can now easily see how to request important and sensitive modifications for site information modification that can impact all the rest of teams at your company with access to a site in particular.
July 6, 2020
You spoke, we listened. Previously, we had 8 different deliverable statuses that would tell you where the exact deliverable is before it was ready for you. We have simplified this to just 4 statuses:
- Markup Required
- Analyzing (Markup Completed)
- Deliverable Ready
- Some Stockpile Volume Report related emails, for some specific recipients, had incorrect Firmatek Cloud links. This has been fixed.
- 2 edge case scenarios would sometimes result in pending Markups to be marked as completed. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes, when following a very specific edge case flow, more than 1 Stockpile Volume Report related email would go out to the same recipient (aka duplicate email). This has been fixed.
June 29, 2020
- Continued enhancements for drone photo upload experience on step 1.
June 22, 2020
- Continued enhancements for drone photo upload experience on step 1.
June 15, 2020
- As part of the continued enhancements, we have enhanced the drone photo uploading experience further. You should now see fewer failed connections when you are on a slow or problematic internet connection while uploading drone photos.
- An edge case bug fixed on the first step of uploading drone photos – you could move to step 2 without uploading drone photos. This has been fixed.
June 8, 2020
- We have greatly enhanced the uploading experience when it comes to uploading thousands of drone photos. You should experience fewer errors now.
June 1, 2020
Originally, we would show you “No Product Code” and “No Material Name” when the Product Code and/or Material Name had blank values. We heard you, and have updated this to show a blank dash – instead. This is now live in:
- Material Name search results (making it cleaner)
May 25, 2020
- On the latest version of Chrome, some file downloads were resulting in an incorrect .zip extension. This has been fixed.
May 18, 2020
- Enhance existing New User Invite emails to provide more information
- Enhance Password Reset emails to provide more information, like when the password reset email link will expire
May 4, 2020
- Drone ID help: when uploading Drone Photos, it is now easy for you to find out what your specific Drone ID is via the associated tooltip instructions.
- Simplify the UI of the Deliverable detail pages to remove confusion when it comes to seeking support
April 13, 2020
- You can now enable or disable 4 different types of email notifications in your Email Settings area. All emails are enabled by default.
- You can now see all the data relevant to an individual pile when
- Doing a markup related to an individual pile
- Viewing an individual pile
- Editing an existing pile
April 6, 2020
- Deliverable Level Remarks are now enabled for each deliverable.
- Remarks are now instantly and clearly visible on Stockpile Volume Report detail pages
- Reduce pile color translucency for better visibility and printouts
- When you hover over any file in “EXISTING FILES” section, you will see the name of the person who uploaded the file and the timestamp (in CT) it was uploaded.
- All time zones are now in CT so that daylight saving related changes do not cause confusion
- Huge revamp of all our email notifications to ensure proper and timely delivery to all of your teams, whether you have 2 members in your team or 2,000.
- Some file downloads resulted in issues in the latest version of Chrome on both Windows and macOS. This has been fixed.
- When a word in Product Code or Material Name overflowed to a new sentence in Stockpile Volume Report, it would cut off. This has been fixed.
March 9, 2020
- Material Library has a new home! We moved it from living inside the actual Stockpile Volume Report section to its own dedicated section on Site Details page.
- Mass values in the UI and the PDFs are now rounded to the nearest whole number. Downloaded CSVs will still show the full, unmodified raw value.
- On step 2 of drone photo upload process, it is now much clearer which information you have to provide when choosing a date for “FLIGHT DATE”.
- We have simplified the helper text on drone photo upload pages to clarify what’s needed for a successful upload.
- A bug caused issues when uploading files over 180 MB to the “EXISTING FILES” section, resulting in some files not uploading properly. This has been fixed.
- There was an issue on Microsoft Edge, on Windows, where some maps were not loading fully or properly on the first try when viewing some deliverables. This has been fixed.
March 2, 2020
- In the “EXISTING FILES” section, if you uploaded a file which had spaces in the filename, we would remove the spaces when you redownloaded the file. This has been fixed. We will leave the filename exactly as it was when it was uploaded.